Back-end developer at Momoyoga. Work at a fast-growing SaaS company and manage hundreds of thousands of users every day.
"We help yoga teachers worldwide find balance in studio management."
At Momoyoga we are a relatively small team, but we have big dreams. Our mission? To help people find balance. This by creating the best management software for yoga studios worldwide. And with this, we need some assistance. We are searching for the right person to join us in our quest to conquer the (yoga) world.
Momoyoga started out in the Netherlands. In 2016 we opened our doors to yoga studios worldwide. Since then, more than 300,000 yogis have booked over 5 million yoga classes in more than 45 countries.
We are a creative and product-customer-minded team. We are ambitious though modest. We value the individual behind every team member. We want to build a great product, but also create a great working environment where we enjoy working together and growing the company.
What is the challenge? 🚀
Yoga studio software may not say that much to you. Does it sound easy-peasy? Well, let’s get you upspeed. While you just were reading the first bits of this job description, users from Australia or Alaska have been booking and paying for classes using our mobile app. Studio owners have been processing billing information and new customers hopped right on our onboarding train. At Momoyoga we do not only create software that is intuitive and crazy-easy in use (we love to make things beautiful and simple). We also provide very powerful software. Fast. Secure. State of the art, without bothering our users with it. Take in mind our users live about anywhere on the globe. Mix this with a variety of ages, web/tech adoption and you have your challenge. In short: help our users provide the most value from our software product. Over all our interfaces (web, API, mobile, etc).
That's why we are looking for a back-end developer to join the team.
What am I going to do? 🤔
- You will work on the entire Momoyoga architecture, with your focus on backend development.
- You will create new features in collaboration with the UX designer. You will also refactor and optimize current bits and pieces of the Momoyoga platform. Making Momoyoga faster, smarter, more secure, etc.
- You will brainstorm with the product team on how to design and implement new customer requests.
- You will work with external platforms as our partner PSP’s, other SaaS solutions we integrate with, and much more.
- You will work on localization of the Momoyoga platform into new markets. With a main focus on European countries.
Who do I work together with? 👩💻🧑🏻💻
You will work directly with everyone in the Product team. This team currently holds two developers (one senior and one junior) a UX designer and a designer/product owner. Next you will be in direct contact with the Customer Success team and Growth team. As Momoyoga still has a relatively small team, you’ll basically work with everyone. Many of our weekly and monthly events are an all-team gathering.
What skills do I need? 📋
We are looking for that candidate who loves to work on a high-usage product, but who also values working at a company that is much more than ‘just tech’.
- Someone with a passion for online software. Possibly with experience at a SaaS company.
- Someone who can do deep work, but who can also listen and collaborate with i.e. the Customer Success team.
- Someone familiar and comfortable with working with PHP frameworks. Experience with the Symfony framework would be good, though is not required, depending on your level of seniority.
- Someone who has experience with high-usage platforms and understands you can not use an FTP client for next week’s deployment :)
- Someone who can work independently, but is also a team player.
- Someone who is flexible, and can handle change being our daily business.
- Someone who is productive and can work towards measurable goals.
- Someone who understands we are creating products and services that are actually being used. By real people. 24/7.
- Someone who is energetic, someone who can motivate others in the team to get into a ‘do better for our customers - mindset’.
- Someone who enjoys freedom and flexibility in his/her working environment and can manage this freedom, and time effectively. You should be comfortable working in the studio, from your home, or from your holiday address. The main consideration is to stay sharply focused and goal-orientated in your work approach.
- Someone who can manage organizing their own time, having a lot of freedom, but taking serious responsibility.
Is this role only full-time? Can I work remotely?
The role is full-time. It is based on-site in Tilburg (the Netherlands). Because we're a relatively small, tight-knit team, working all in one place helps us go faster and solve complex problems together. As change in both product and strategic course still is 'daily business’ at Momoyoga, we experienced it being less effective to communicate these iterations over different remote workspaces.
How to Apply
Sound like a good fit for you? Don’t hesitate and email Joost directly.
Last updated: June 12, 2020